“The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zeph. 3:17
Have you ever experienced a time of holy delight with God? Lately, I have noticed something quite exquisite happening in my daily walk with the Lord. Though it is not unusual for me to notice God’s presence in my day, my amazement in discovering him has now turned to sheer delight. And the more my delight rests in finding joy in him, the more he responds lovingly in return.
Much like courting, there is a growing desire to be near one another and to make the other’s happiness your own. This is what it is to be in love and to desire to show that love constantly. Then, even the tiniest of favors does not go unnoticed, but is rejoiced with gladness. From an answer in the depths of my heart, to a song played just because he knew I longed to hear it, to a person placed in my path intentionally who needed to see Christ..this has now become my heart’s delight.
But how do we come to this place of delight with the Lord?
- First, we are to to delight solely in his will in our everyday and to keep his law always within our hearts. (Ps. 40:8)
So much so, that it penetrates our inmost being. (Rom. 7:22)
- We are to seek truth and be trustworthy with God and others. Prov. 12:22
- And we are to honor and find delight in the Sabbath “not (by) going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words” Is. 58:13-14
What does God promise in return?
- Rescue: “He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” Ps 18:19
- Vindication: “But let the one who boasts boast about this:that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord. ” Jer 9:24
- Direction: The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him. Ps. 37:23
- Desires of our Hearts: Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Ps. 37:4
Do I take delight in God’s will for my life? Am I ready for God’s promises in his delight of me?
May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, “The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.” Ps 35:27
2 thoughts on “My Delight”
Thanks. I needed this today.
Psalm 37:4 is one of my favorite verses.